Some drivers don’t bother to follow the rules of the road and obey traffic signals, including stop signs and stoplights. This dangerous and deadly habit has led to the unnecessary death or injury of other innocent motorists.
When a driver rushes through a traffic signal without reasonable care for the safety of others, lives are at risk. Under Wisconsin state law, section 346, Rules of the Road, drivers are required to stop at signals, stop signs, and school crossings. They must also stop for school buses displaying flashing lights.
The failure to follow these safety rules has led to deaths that could have been prevented, forcing families to live with a terrible and unimaginable loss. Those that are hit by such a driver may have survived the impact, but are often left with severe injuries or impairments such as spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, disfiguring injuries, and others.
A Driver Who Violates Traffic Signals is Negligent
An aggressive driver may choose to try to “make it” through an intersection, speeding up as the light shifts from yellow to red. As the cross traffic begins to move, the negligent driver may hit another vehicle in a T-bone accident, putting other motorists, passengers, and pedestrians at extreme risk of serious injury or death.
A side impact collision is extremely dangerous. Even when airbags deploy correctly, there is less protection from the car body. A driver or passenger can be crushed upon impact, suffering serious or fatal injuries.
The failure to follow traffic signs or signals is the underlying cause of many serious or deadly car crashes in the Milwaukee area. Drivers who choose to put others at risk must be held accountable for their actions. They will face charges in criminal court or traffic court for reckless driving or other violations, but how will the injured person or the family get justice?
In our legal system, these matters are resolved through filing an insurance claim or lawsuit against the negligent driver. Lawsuits take place in civil court. In cases of catastrophic injury or death, a trial may be necessary to recover the full scope of damages.
Call us Now if Injured by a Driver who Disobeyed Traffic Signals
If you were injured by another driver at a stop sign or traffic light accident, we can help with the issues you’ll face.
- We have a team of experienced car accident lawyers who can explain your legal options.
- You will have lots of questions about your insurance coverage. We have answers to those questions.
- We will gather all documents related to your accident, including police reports and medical documents.
- We will check to see what other accidents or tickets the other driver might have.
- We will make sure we collect statements from any eyewitnesses to the accident.
- Our investigators will make sure they understand the scene of your accident and the position of all vehicles that were involved.
- When the time comes for legal action, you’ll have the benefit of our years of experience, both at the settlement table and in the courtroom.
- We will explore all avenues of compensation. We want to make sure you get money for economic damages (lost wages and medical bills, for example) and non-economic damages (pain and suffering and other related injuries).
At Gruber Law Offices, we have a team dedicated to helping injured people seek justice. With 16 attorneys and 80 support staff, we are a fully established and respected law firm with years of experience, both in filing legal actions and in the courtroom.
Our firm offers compassionate client service. Our motto is “One Call…That’s All!” What that means is you can trust us to go the distance for you. We are committed to obtaining a favorable outcome for our clients. We work on a contingency fee, so you do not pay unless we are successful.
We are prepared to speak with you immediately. Contact us now! From our office in Milwaukee we serve all of Southeastern Wisconsin, including Kenosha, Madison, Racine, and Waukesha.