Burns can cause blistering, swelling, scarring, shock, and even death. Severe burns may require breathing assistance, tube feeding, scab decompression, skin grafting, and reconstructive surgery, according to the Mayo Clinic.
If you have sustained burn injuries in Milwaukee through someone else’s negligence, Gruber Law Offices LLC can help. When you work with our firm, our dedicated legal team will aggressively pursue the compensation you deserve.
Our Milwaukee personal injury lawyers have been awarded membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, listed among Wisconsin Super Lawyers®, and named among the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers and Top 40 Under 40. You can have confidence that, with our firm, you will have someone on your side to protect your rights.
Causes of Burn Injuries
Burns can be caused by heat, electricity, chemicals, or radiation. According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), burns are most commonly caused by building fires, flammable liquids and gases, and scalds from steam and hot liquids.
Passenger vehicle occupants sustain serious burn injuries every year in car accidents in which one of the vehicles catches fire. In motor vehicle accidents with large commercial trucks, the truck’s fuel tank may rupture, causing a fuel fire that seriously injures vehicle occupants.
Types of Burn Injuries
According to Web MD, there are many types of burns, including:
- Thermal (heat) burns, from fire, hot objects, steam, and hot liquids;
- Electrical burns from lightning or contact with electrical sources;
- Chemical burns caused by contact with liquid, solid, or gaseous chemicals; and
- Radiation burns caused by the sun, x-rays, radiation therapy, and other sources of radiation.
Burn injuries occur in four degrees or levels of severity:
- First degree burns affect the first layer of skin only.
- Second degree burns can be superficial partial thickness burns, injuring the first and second layers of skin, or deep partial thickness burns, injuring additional layers of skin.
- Third degree burns cause injury to all layers of skin and tissue and always require medical treatment.
- Fourth degree burns go beyond the skin to damage muscles, tendons, ligaments, nerves, blood vessels and bones.
Why You Need Gruber Law after Burn Injuries
Severe and extensive burn injuries can be debilitating, disfiguring, and disabling. They may require physical therapy and skin grafting and reconstructive surgeries. Burns can lead to a number of complications, such as infection, damaged blood vessels, hypothermia, respiratory problems, scarring, and bone and joint problems, as reported by the Mayo Clinic.
It is important to pursue full and fair compensation after suffering severe burns caused by someone else’s negligence. The party responsible for your injuries should be held accountable and cover your medical and rehabilitation expenses, lost wages, lost earning capacity, pain and suffering, and other losses.
At Gruber Law Offices LLC, our Milwaukee burn injury attorneys have the experience, skill, and dedication to aggressively pursue the maximum compensation you are entitled to receive.
We offer a free case consultation and we do we do not get legal fees unless we are successful in recovering compensation for you. Call us today to get the legal help you need after serious burn injuries.